Executive Assistant – Global Think Tank / Remote
We want to hire an executive assistant that can help the Copenhagen Consensus help the world make smarter policies. Together, we will work with academics and Nobel Laureates, Presidents and policy makers, Prime Ministers and influencers to focus spending on the best programs across the world. You will help us fund new projects to prioritize spending in countries across the world with old and new donors.
You will work closely with our President, dr. Bjorn Lomborg. You will handle his schedule and travel, answer e-mails, and help with relationship management, keeping our network of thousands of contact points involved and excited about our work.
We work from around the globe (from Ottawa and DC to New Delhi and Bali), so you will work from home, staying connected with the rest of us over Skype. Not surprisingly, time zone flexibility is essential, but it also means flexibility in your life.
Four-year bachelor degree or equivalent required. Strong proficiency in English is essential. Excellent telephone etiquette and communication skills are required. Ability to prioritize, organize, and handle many different projects simultaneously. Manage and track relationships on all levels within policy, philanthropy, media, and academia around the world. Advanced computer skills (Gmail & GSuite) including ability to create layouts of information for reports and tables (MS Office). Track record of exercising sound independent judgment. Proven ability to proactively support principal(s) and to work independently as needed. Requires superior verbal and written communication skills. Requires the ability to read and process data, as well as a high level of competency with Gmail, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Time zone flexibility is essential.
- Provide administrative support for President and leadership team
- Work closely with the Executive VP and the Head of Communications and Advocacy on a variety of topics, including schedules, meeting preparation and logistics.
- Coordinate President’s schedule, making appointment, scheduling calls, and managing written communications from both internal and external sources
- Create and manage a system for relationship management including fundraising.
- Organize travel including air, hotel, car rental, etc.
- Draft, proof, edit and distribute correspondence, as well as briefing papers, reports, and presentations
- Plan, schedule, organize and administer board, departmental and company-wide meetings and other functions.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Remote -- Copenhagen Consensus Center has no offices, the network consists of 100s of academics, with a core project team of 10-15 people working from America, Europe, and Asia.
- Administrative Support: 1 year
- Executive Support: 2 years
- Executive Scheduling/Travel Management: 2 years
About Copenhagen Consensus
The Copenhagen Consensus Center is a think tank that researches and publishes the smartest solutions to the world's biggest problems. Our studies are conducted by more than 300 economists from internationally renowned institutions, including seven Nobel Laureates, to advise policymakers and philanthropists how to achieve the best results with their limited resources.
Copenhagen Consensus is a 501(c)3 based in the United States. We are a network organization working with highly skilled people around the world. We are a flat organization with a high degree of individual responsibility. Candidates must be able to keep pace and perform in an environment without constant direct supervision.
The Center was voted Think Tank of the Year in International Affairs (US) by Prospect Magazine, and our advocacy for data-driven prioritization has been repeatedly voted one of the top 20 campaigns worldwide in a think tank survey conducted by the University of Pennsylvania.
How to Apply
- To apply, please send CV, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
- 4-year degree