Youth Forum Honduras
The Post-2015 Consensus Youth Forum in Honduras was held at Escuela Agrícola Panamericana Zamorano in Tegucigalpa.
The forum brought together 46 students, who after learning more about the costs and benefits of potential targets for the post-2015 development agenda, chose the following as phenomenal targets for the United Nations to prioritize.
• Reduce child malnutrition
• Open world markets for food and textiles
• Eliminate violence against women and girls
• Universal access to contraception
• 100% primary education in Sub-Saharan Africa
• Increase tobacco tax 125%
• Cut TB deaths 95%
• Reduce forest loss
• Make beneficial ownership public
• Triple preschool in Sub-Saharan Africa
• Better access to water for 2.3 Bn. people
• Increase women’s economic opportunities
• Research to increase yields
• Phase out fossil fuel subsidies
• Prevent loss of coral reefs
• Modern cooking fuels to 780 M people
• Enhance female education
• More health spending for the 1 Bn. poorest
• Reduce assaults
• Cut food loss with roads and electricity
The video and other media on this page were provided by our local Youth Forum partners, to give voice to Youth Forum participants and show individuals' views on priorities.