Governmental representatives provide input on top solutions
The cost-benefit approach of the research, using evidence for prioritizing different policies, is unprecedented in the Bangladesh landscape, in spite of hundreds of think-tanks."
- Nojibur Rahman, National Board of Revenue (NBR) Chairman and Secretary, Internal Resources Division (IRD), Ministry of Finance
Hasan Zaman, Outreach Manager for Bangladesh Priorities traveled to Dhaka from 27 November 2015 to 06 January 2016. The purpose of the visit was to connect with high-level government representatives and deepen the project's government level outreach. Hasan met with 8 high-level government stakeholders and 3 representatives from 3 different and renowned national think-tanks in order to elicit feedback and opinions with regard to the top ideas for cost-benefit research. These high-level government meetings included:
- Abul Kalam Azad, Principal Secretary of the Prime Minister’s Office.
- Anir Chowdhury, Policy Advisor, Prime Minister's Office.
- Ashikur Rahman, Senior Economist, Policy Research Institute (PRI).
- Bazlul H. Khondker, Professor of Economics, Chairman of the South Asian Network on Economic Modeling (SANEM) and Director of Policy Research Institute (PRI).
- Faisal Ahmed, Senior Special Economic Advisor to Bangladesh Bank Governor.
- Muslim Chowdhury, Additional Secretary, Finance Division, Ministry of Finance.
- Naimuzzaman Mukta, People's Perspective Specialist, Prime Minister's Office.
- Nojibur Rahman, National Board of Revenue (NBR) Chairman and Secretary, Internal Resources Division (IRD), Ministry of Finance.
- Rounaq Jahan, Distinguished Fellow, Center for Policy Dialogue (CPD).
- Sheikh Fazlul Karim Selim, Parliament Committee Chair, Health and Family Welfare.
- Tofail Ahmed , Minister for Commerce.
Subscribe to our mailing list here to keep up to date with the project's research outcomes.