Top Priorities for Young People in Bangladesh
The youth forums enabled the young people of Bangladesh to debate ad discuss their top priorities for the nation’s development, sending a message to people in government and in international NGOs what should be done to help make Vision 2021 a reality for them.
The youth forums reached over 700 young people (ages 18-30) at forums held at sixteen different universities across Bangladesh, covering all regions of the country. Together, these young people ranked the following interventions as their top 10 priorities for Bangladesh.
- Boost agricultural productivity.
- E-procurement across government.
- Land record digitization.
- Mangrove protection in Sundarban.
- Ultra-poor graduation programs.
- Increase secondary education for girls.
- Group and teach according to ability.
- Reform VAT and automate collection.
- Psychosocial stimulation for stunting.
- RMG factory compliance.
Find out how the individual results from each University below.