Top Priorities for Young People in the Global South
The youth forums tasked the young participants with analyzing the Post-2015 Consensus research on the benefits and costs of the targets for the post-2015 development agenda as proposed by the United Nations. After learning more about the cost and benefits, the young people were asked to rank the targets according to what they think should be at the top of the global priority list
60 youth forums across 21 were held, engaging over 2000 young people living in the global south. Collectively, these young people ranked the following as phenomenal targets for the United Nations to prioritize.
• Reduce child malnutrition.
• Eliminate violence against women and girls.
• Cut Tuberculosis deaths 95%.
• Halve Malaria infections.
• Research to increase yields.
• Reduce corruption and bribery.
• More health spending for the 1 billion poorest.
• Reduce infant mortality.
Click on the following flags to see the local results from each forum held by country.