Youth Forum Costa Rica
Eight separate Post-2015 Consensus Youth Forums were held in Costa Rica with the students at Instituto Tecnológico de Costa Rica (TEC).
The forums brought together 327 students, who after learning more about the costs and benefits of potential targets for the post-2015 development agenda, chose the following as phenomenal targets for the United Nations to prioritize:
• Reduce forest loss.
• Reduce assaults.
• Eliminate violence against women and children.
• Double renewable energy.
• Universal access to contraception.
• Ensure women’s right to own and inherit.
• Reduce corruption and bribery.
• More health spending for 1 billion poorest.
• Reduce child malnutrition.
• Better access to water for 2.3 billion people.
• Provide basic sanitation for 3 billion people.