Youth Forum Nepal
The Post-2015 Consensus Youth Forum in Nepal held at the National College, Kathmandu on 13th August, 2015.
The forum brought together 34 students from the National College, who after learning more about the costs and benefits of potential targets for the post-2015 development agenda, chose the following as phenomenal targets for the United Nations to prioritize:
• Universal access to contraception.
• Reduce child malnutrition.
• Reduce assaults.
• Enhance female education.
• Eliminate violence against women and children.
• Reduce forest loss.
• Cut salt intake 30%.
• Increase tobacco tax 125%.
• Mobile broadband developing targets.
• Eliminate open defecation.
• Make beneficial ownership info public.
• Open world markets for food and textiles.
• Modern cooking fuels to 780m people.
• Research to increase yields.
• Cut TB deaths 95%.
• Halve malaria infections.
• More health spending for 1 billion poorest.
• Phase out fossil fuel subsidies.
• Electricity to everyone.
• Cut food loss with roads and electricity.
• Ensure women’s rights to own and inherit.
• Increase women’s economic opportunities.
• High blood pressure medication.
• Tripe pre-school in sub-Saharan Africa.
The video and other media on this page were provided by our local Youth Forum partners, to give voice to Youth Forum participants and show individuals' views on priorities.