Youth Forum Papua New Guinea
The Post-2015 Consensus Youth Forum in Papua New Guinea was hosted by the Youth Against Corruption Association (the youth division of Transparency International Papua New Guinea Inc.) on the 17th of August, 2015.
The forum brought together 15 participants from: Jubilee Catholic Secondary School, Eco Services ( Youth Organization), The Voice Inc. (Youth Organization), Tribe FM (Youth Radio), Evangelical Church Youth and the International Training Institute (ITI).
After learning more about the costs and benefits of potential targets for the post-2015 development agenda, chose these young participants chose the following as phenomenal targets for the United Nations to prioritize:
• Cut TB deaths 95%.
• Reduce child malnutrition.
• Prevent loss of coral reefs.
• High blood pressure medication.
• Open world markets for food and textiles.
• Universal access to contraception.
• Eliminate violence against women and children.
• Increase tobacco tax 125%.
• Make beneficial ownership info public.
• Research to increase yields.
• Reduce forest loss.
• Halve malaria infections.
• More male circumcision against HIV.
• Mobile broadband development.
• Universal fixed broadband.
The video and other media on this page were provided by our local Youth Forum partners, to give voice to Youth Forum participants and show individuals' views on priorities.