Youth Forum Tunisia
The Post-2015 Consensus Youth Forum in Tunisia was organized by Les Scouts Tunisiens and held at the International Scout Centre Borj Cedria on 13th August, 2015.
The forum brought together 42 participants from universities across Tunisia, who after learning more about the costs and benefits of potential targets for the post-2015 development agenda, chose the following as phenomenal targets for the United Nations to prioritize:
• Cut TB deaths by 95%.
• Reduce child malnutrition.
• Halve malaria infections.
• More male circumcision against HIV.
• High blood pressure medication.
• Universal access to contraception.
• Triple pre-school in SSA.
• Prevent loss of coral reefs.
• Research to increase yields.
• Increase skilled worker migration.
• Doubling HIV medication.
• Phase out fossil fuel subsidies.
• More health spending for 1 billion poorest.
• Reduce assaults.
• Eliminate violence against women and children.
• Electricity to everyone.
• Increase tobacco tax by 125%.
• End extreme poverty by money transfers.
• Mobile broadband developing targets.
• More energy research.
• Open world markets for food and textiles.
The video and other media on this page were provided by our local Youth Forum partners, to give voice to Youth Forum participants and show individuals' views on priorities.